Land of Chocolate


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
March 24th 2006
Published: September 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Red CrossRed CrossRed Cross

Just a short visit to the headquarters.
Because we have family living in Switzerland, Fernando has been there a few times so it wasn't a big surprise for him. For Claudio was the first time.
According to our plan we had some paperwork to do in Geneva. Because the UN headquarters, almost all countries have a embassy there. We thought it would be easy for us to apply for the visas we would need in the first part of the trip. We started visiting embassy after embassy, expecting to get as many visas as possible. Although Geneva has all the embassies, for some reason most of them issue only visas for swiss citizens or residents. After a week of passport pictures and photocopies we had only visas for Syria and Jordan. The other countries we would have to apply for the visas further on or at the respective borders.
After Geneva we went to the Swiss Alps for a skiing weekend. A gift from our aunt! Thanks TB! We wanted to go to Zermatt, the famous mountain printed in the Toblerone chocolate, but Champéry was good enough for us beginners.
After skiing we visited our family in Zürich, ate tons of chocolate and have been spoiled by them
UNUNUN

Just a short visit to the headquarters.
until the last minute, when we departed to Austria.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Lake GenevaLake Geneva
Lake Geneva

Backpacking in the financial capital of the world.
Tante ButziTante Butzi
Tante Butzi

Our grand auntie. A special thanks for the help and support in our trip.
FamilyFamily
Family

The swiss branch of the Family. Budi, Claudio, TB, Gika and Fernando.
ChamperyChampery
Champery

Skiing in the swiss Alpes. Thanks TB!!
Bird FluBird Flu
Bird Flu

Poor birds, no more water for them!


Tot: 0.384s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 22; qc: 112; dbt: 0.1533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb