We're off!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
September 5th 2018
Published: September 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We're off! First stop is Switzerland. We don't seem to have many photos of the two of us together....so we will have to rectify that. We will be meeting up with dear friends from the Boston area that we met on a Holland America Cruise years ago. We've done a few trips together and the 4 of us decided to do this big one together. We've had quite a week getting ready to go. First the cables on the garage door opener snapped, sounding like a gunshot in the garage. Then the front door handle stopped working. Not the lock mind you, just the handle. Locked or unlocked didn't matter....door was closed to one and all. And here we've been paying for an alarm system all these years. Then the Air Conditioner went. One year old, as big as a meat locker, but no cold air. And an arm fell off an armchair. At one point we thought the blessed place was possessed! However, all but the chair is fixed and the house sitters should hopefully be okay while we are away. If the roof slides off, I have left them the name and number of an emergency contractor! Can't wait to get away. Hopefully we will be able to post some photos to this site, which is a brand new experience for us.

Advertisement



5th September 2018

Chocolate
Bring me some Swiss chocolate! Have fun!!!!!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb