Almost Home


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
October 4th 2010
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Inside the church, LausanneInside the church, LausanneInside the church, Lausanne

This is the largest church in Switzerland. 300 feet long
Geo: 46.2038, 6.13996

We got up this morning and left for Geneva. It was only a fifty mile drive, but we took the road that follows the lake and it took about 1 1/2 hours. It was a cloudy day, but warm. We arrived in Geneva and went to our hotel and checked in. We unloaded everything from the car and then went to lunch.
At about 2:30PM we drove to Prevessin- Moens, France to return the car. We got ther about 15 minutes early and waited for the guy from Eurodrive. I checked the car again for anything we might have left. He showed up and checked the car out. One minor ding and a bunch of cow crap on the side from our encounter with the cows. He drove us back to our hotel and dropped us off. After we got to our room I realized that I left TomTom's pouch in the glove box. I checked out the whole car and didn't look in the glove box one last time. Damn! Guess Tom gets a new one when we get home.
We took a short nap. When we awoke, it was raining. We took the shuttleto the airport for dinner, and a look around, to find out where we will need to check in. Also e needed to find the train station to take us into Geneva tomorrow.
Tomorrow and Wednesday, we will go into Geneva for the day to look around for the last time. On Thursday morning, we board our plane for Dulles and then to San Francisco. We will pick up a car at the airport and stay at a hotel near there. We get in at about 10:30PM Thursday night. We will be back in Sacramento on Friday morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb