Rain, rain go away


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
September 26th 2010
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.6855, 7.8559

Well, it started raining on Friday afternoon. We got up on Saturday, and it was cold and raining.. We could see snow on the hills behind our hotel. It was 44 degrees out. We decided to have an off day. We went out and did some souvenior shopping, had a small lunch and came back and took a nap. Oh, and we did all of the dirty laundry we had, so we would leave Sunday with all clean clothes. Hooray!!
We got up on Sunday morning and it was still raining. It ws 44 degress again. As we packed the car to leave, 2 bikers were loading up their bikes, putting on their rain gear and preparing to leave. I gave them the nod and they returned it. I was glad to have a car at that moment.
We left and in about 15 minutes, we had driven out of the rain into partly cloudy weather. It was still cold, though.
We drove to Bern to find our hotel. We had an address and we put in TOm TOm and he took us right to it. Only it wasn't a hotel. It was an apartment complex undergoing renovation. We were quite confused.
We decided to go to the TI and have them look up our hotel to see if I wrote down the wrong address. Well, I had the right address, just not the right city. Our hotel was actually in Stettlen. This is like looking in Sacramento for an address in Carmichael. We redirected Tom Tom and found the hotel. We walked a half a block to the train station and took the train to Bern for a look around and lunch. We decided to go to the History Museum/ Einstein Museum because it was one of the only things open on a Sunday.
Tomorrow we do a walking tour of Bern, and on Tuesday we will drive to Murten, which is an old Roman village in Switzerland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



28th September 2010

Sounds like you had a lot of water there. Mom

Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb