The Matterhorn


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Zermatt
July 31st 2008
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

The MatterhornThe MatterhornThe Matterhorn

The famous Matterhorn, a beautiful mountain in a very clean and beautiful country
Today was the day to see the Matterhorn, you've seen the pictures and ridin' the ride at Disneyland. It is as you would imagine a small tourist town in Switzerland. Snow on the mountains, skiing all year long and 90% hotels and electric taxis and buses.

The day was filled with a mountain ride to the 3100 metre point of a mountain then a 6 hour walk down back to the village. Surprisingly, our necks are a little more red than they ever got in Rome, must be the thinner air.

One of the coolest things is that the only public transport into the village is by train (electric) and with the absent of Petro stations the only passenger transport are electric cars and trains.

Tomorrow to the top of Europe, just a short trip to another apparently beautiful mountain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

5 stars5 stars
5 stars

One of many 5 star hotels that declined my Visa. We settled for a hostel instead.
GoatsGoats
Goats

The daily goat run, the herders were wearing Zermatt tourism hats so I think this is staged.
Swiss watchesSwiss watches
Swiss watches

The price of my new Swiss watch. The Swiss franc is 1:1 to the Canadian dollar. It read 74,400 francs
The Old VillageThe Old Village
The Old Village

some of the original buildings of the old Zermatt, not very impressive since they are just falling apart.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb