Rain, Rain, Go Away


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Zermatt
July 28th 2019
Published: July 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately this morning we awoke to rain. Seeing the rain falling, I turned off the alarm and went back to bed. We actually had a morning to sleep in a bit, but our trip to Klein Matterhorn had to be postponed with hopes of doing the trip tomorrow. Instead we had a free day until our dinner with the group.

After breakfast we relaxed in our room until the rain slowed down some. We finally ventured out walking back to the train station for Fred to buy a hat and then heading out toward the river. We walked along the river seeing some of the old houses of Zermatt. The road along the river eventually joined the main road to take us back to the hotel. On the way we stopped at the cemetery finding memorials to the climbers who lost their lives climbing one of the many peaks in the area. It was also interesting that quite a number of graves had headstones with pictures embedded in them.

After returning to our room, we heard what sounded like an Alpine horn and looking out our window found that it was indeed a horn along with several other musicians. So we quickly donned our shoes and jackets, grabbed our cameras and we went out to watch.

We had dinner with our group at the hotel.

Tomorrow if the weather cooperates we will visit Klein Matterhorn and the move on to Berne


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0981s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb