The Key


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Wengen
June 1st 2007
Published: June 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Right, this time i really should stop drinking... tuesday i went to a goodbye party for someone leaving Wengen to go travelling and a bottle and a half of wine later I had to catch the last train down to INterlaken. One of the other reps was over for the night so of course we had to go out. Cue a bottle of gin, vodka and some beer and a pack of cards and feeling merry we headed to the usual bar. Felt ok as did Portia then all of a sudden she was hammered and had to be helped out of the bar. Ok so not great but next day, we discovered she's lost her key. Now the one thing they said to us was, don't lost the key it costs Sfr. 500 i.e. about 250 quid to replace. Of course she's panicking and finally tells work, who call the police to report it stolen or lost and insurance to see if she could claim the money back. Suffice to say: no. Of course last night she's feeling pretty shit thinking that she has to fork out more or less half a months wages on a replacement key. Meanwhile, Me being me, decided to go out last night with some other reps and after an unusually early night (and not even any alcohol consumed by me... see rob, told you i could do it) I went home, took my jacket off and thought, hang on, something in the pocket. SO i look in there and there is her Key!! How it got there no idea as I was wearing that coat and she wore my other coat, which we naturally had checked.
Moral of the story? Going out can't be all bad if you find a lost key at the end of it!

Weather has been crazy here... 26°C on sunday, we got snowed in on monday, by wednesday there was sunshine again and today there is heavy rain. Monday was weird, all trains up to resort got cancelled as there were not leaves on the track like in england, but trees! But being efficient the swiss had things up and running by that afternoon.

And more good news... I can move into my new room in resort as of tomorrow which means no more commute every day! Yay!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb