Ski Switzerland in Style


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Verbier
June 10th 2014
Published: June 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Switzerland is revered as the top European ski destination, with the city of Verbier as the focal point of skiers from across the globe. Breathtaking mountain landscapes with fresh powder dot Verbier, and the town is often filled with tourists looking to shred the world-class powder of the Swiss Alps. However, navigating your way through the crowds and finding lift passes, dining, the right accommodations, and other elements to make your ski vacation perfect, can be intimidating. That’s where booking agentscome in.

Skiing the Swiss Alps

The peaks of Verbier are some of the most beautiful in the world, and provide some of the best powder that you’ll ever get the chance to ski. However, it’s best to know exactly where to ski in Verbier depending on your skill level or even just your preferences (moguls or heli-skiing, anyone?).Redbull’s Xtreme Verbier highlights the most extreme backcountry runs for the most daring skiers and snowboarders, as many of these runs have been used for the Freeride World Tour each year.

A unique approach is the “ski safari” from Ski Armadillo; the company has a selection of pre-planned circuits throughout the mountains that include challenges, as well as great spots to stop and eat. You can choose the circuit that you’d like to complete, and pick up your instructions at your chalet before you head out to the slopes.

Weather is always a huge factor in the condition of the ski hills, so being able to access ski and weather reports is a must. Staying in a chalet with a dedicated staff means that you’ll be able to simply ask for a report and have it delivered straight to you immediately.

The Chalets of Verbier

Though, obviously, famous for its slopes, Verbier is also home to many world-renowned chalets. These chalets often overlook the mountains, the quaint town of Verbier, or the ski hills, and typically fall into the following categories:

· Vacationing Families

· Group Accommodations

· Corporate Retreats

· Spa & Ski Experiences

Using a booking agent to find the perfect chalet for you is highly recommended, as they should promise to take the guesswork and stress out of finding the perfect place to stay and ski. Ski Armadillo promises to find you what you’re looking from from their “handpicked chalets are some of the finest accommodation options in Verbier, suiting all budgets and requirements”.

Wine and Dine

You’ll need to replenish your energy and get in some relaxation after a long day of skiing, so you’ll want only the most delicious food… and even a little bit of beautiful, tasty wine. Though Verbier has some wonderful bistros and restaurants, visiting during peak season can make waiting for a table a tedious process. So, many chalets have begun to cater for their guests to provide all of your meals without you having to worry about spending extra for meals out as this catering will be included in the price of staying at your chalet. When a five-star chef has prepared your meals, and a distinguished sommelier has picked out your wines, you’re likely to never want to go home or cook for yourself again.

You can always choose to “self-cater” your stay as well; you can situate in a chalet close to Verbier’s bistros and restaurants, but, as most of the chalets come with a kitchen or kitchenette, you can also visit the supermarkets and other food shops within the town for food. There are also mountain restaurants that you can make reservations at after a fine day of skiing; you can check out the different choices on Verbier’s official tourism site.

A Fine Swiss Holiday

Though it is highly unlikely that your Swiss ski escape will be less than impressive, you should always take into account that it’s not just hitting the slopes that makes a ski holiday a holiday. Take the time to indulge in the local cuisine and fantastic hospitality by staying in a classic Swiss chalet overlooking the slope that you just conquered, and take world-class skiing to a whole new level.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb