Verbier - New Year 06/07


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Verbier
January 1st 2007
Published: February 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The apartment The apartment The apartment

Top floor - clean, cosy and comfortable - that is all that is needed (a few francs cheaper would have been a bonus).
In between jobs and had a week to go before being starting a new (old?) career in Geneva.

This is the second new year spent in Verbier (also spent 2005 / 06 there, but in swanky montpellier hotel). Got an apartment with TP this time, and spent 31st Dec - 7th Jan on the mountains.

It had not snowed for about two weeks prior to 31st Dec. Green patches everywhere. As luck would have it, it blizzard for about 24 hours the day we arrived. Avalanche alert the next day, but we had enough good days with plenty of sunshine and powder for the week. Awesome.

Finally got to the top of Mont Fort on a sunny day. As expected, the view was spectacular and worth all the trouble to get there.

New year celebration was fun. Lots of yobs drunk. Running around naked in -5C. Go figure ...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

SavoleyresSavoleyres
Savoleyres

View form the bus stop - fresh dump overnight. It was patchy green 24 hrs before this picture was taken.
VerbierVerbier
Verbier

View of Verbier from Le Chable
Up to Mont FortUp to Mont Fort
Up to Mont Fort

Cable car up to Mont Fort. The stars seemed to be in perfect allignment - after three different attempts at three different times to reach the peak, today is finally the picture perfect day.
Mont Blanc? from Mont FortMont Blanc? from Mont Fort
Mont Blanc? from Mont Fort

Is that Mont Blanc at the far right?
Piste in SavoleyresPiste in Savoleyres
Piste in Savoleyres

Sunny, fantastic visibility, perfect wind condition and almost empty pistes. What more could you ask for?
Verbier town from SavoleyresVerbier town from Savoleyres
Verbier town from Savoleyres

Another excellent day for picture taking. This time from Savoleyres, which was meant to be the easier of the two main lifts to the pistes. excellent ski conditions. It was our last day, just as well because my legs had just about enough.


Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1112s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb