Lausanne back to Paris via 1st class SNF


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Lausanne
June 3rd 2012
Published: June 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was raining lightly in Luasanne when we woke but soon stopped and we were able to take a nice walk around the city using the Metro to revist Place de Pludon, the cathedral and various market streets and views. We returned to the Hotel Alagarve (nothing fancy but quiet and easy access to the Metro and rail station), packed up and walked to the station to wait for the train. Lausanne in overcast weather was still very enchanting and the high brow shops are all worth visiting despite not being open this Sunday morning. We were able to make connections with Andrew Easton and will meet him at the Marriott later but even more opportunistic (lost) was that I received and email from Ed Henry (pilot with Federal Express) who emailed me that he is in Paris but unfortunately he's staying in the La Defense area and it's not convenient for us to meet up.







We arrived in Gare de Lyon we had to buy RER tickets to Charles de Gaulle which wasn't too difficult but then we had to find our way to the platform and board the train .. . . . let's just say that negotiating the signs, the language, the sounds and chaos of thousands of people all going in different directions is REALLY confusing and all the while trying to make sure you don't get robbed or have your luggage stolen.







We finally got to CDG terminal 2 and found the Black Bus to take us to the Marriott but of course that was the last drop off, so 34 minutes later we arrived and it was a huge relief – it's a really nice hotel (thanks to Terry Westrope for the discount!) .. Andrew Easton texted us that he'd meet us in the bar in 45 minutes. Hugs around and it was great to catch up with him, we ordered some dinner and spent the next 2 hours learning about his career and consulting job with Ernst & Young (while he's studying for his masters in business at USC here in Paris), sister Carrie (our god daughter), grandfather Alan and the rest of the family . . . . he's a credit to his family and probably going to help in the salvation of mankind during the next 10 years . . . . heck I'd invest in one of his ideas!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Us under the suncoverUs under the suncover
Us under the suncover

there was no sun though
rail depart signagerail depart signage
rail depart signage

it's confusing
with Andrew Scott Eastonwith Andrew Scott Easton
with Andrew Scott Easton

at the Marriott CDG


Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb