Suisse Romande/French Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Lausanne
June 1st 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 Rain Day Day 1 Rain Day Day 1 Rain Day

Geneva Train Station
No bags (no bikes shoes!) plus rain puts Andrew and Ray on train to Lausanne (after visit to Geneva airport to advise of their departure for Lausanne). Cell phone useful to call airport several times throughout the day for recorded message that Ray's bags have not arrived.

Dinner at elegant old high ceiling oil paintings train station restaurant in Lausanne. Beef tongue, local cold meats and Dole du Valais (Swiss wine). A and R decide if bags not there by following day to travel by train to Zurich to spend a few days shopping for replacement bike bags etc.

On return to bike hostel Ray receives their first call on cell phone. Expecting news from British Airways, gets British mother-in-law instead. (Ray hides any theortetical disappointment). They discuss the apartment reservation made by Ray and Andrew for latter's Mother and Brother's upcoming visit to Vienna - including 'end cleaning' of apartment which the Vienna landlady calls 'final purification'.

Later that evening, the tune on the cell phone changes to 'Your bags have been delivered at 8:15 a.m. June 2'. With startling Swiss efficiciency, the delivery of the bags has already occurred the following morning!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Bike acrobat to emulate Bike acrobat to emulate
Bike acrobat to emulate

Geneva Train Station


20th June 2007

Vienna Landlady
She didn't really call it that?! Make sure you don't get on her bad side or discuss politics in her presence.

Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0779s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb