The Eiger, the Original Binkley and Mr. Sipp


Advertisement
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
March 24th 2016
Published: March 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

After witnessing the breath-taking Matterhorn near Zermatt, we wondered if the next leg of our trip would be as exciting as the past few days had been. In this smallish nation, which ranks as only the 132ndlargest in the world, how much more can there be to see? We had already witnessed so many beautiful sights…..could there be more? Absolutely! The next stop on our journey would take us to Int... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The trails are still openThe trails are still open
The trails are still open

And will be for a while....
Brutus in the mountainsBrutus in the mountains
Brutus in the mountains

Yep....he does mountains and snow too!
A new friend!!A new friend!!
A new friend!!

Brutus and Fritz
More hot chocolate, please!More hot chocolate, please!
More hot chocolate, please!

We don't want to leave this great view.
Hang glider heavenHang glider heaven
Hang glider heaven

Dozens of them enjoying the sport.
Markus and NinaMarkus and Nina
Markus and Nina

Wonderful hosts
Majestic mountainsMajestic mountains
Majestic mountains

Grindelwald, Switzerland
ThunThun
Thun

Great town, good vibe



26th March 2016

Switzerland
Beautiful views of the mountains and the cheese must have been delicious! Y'all have been going at such a pace I'm sure it felt good to unwind a bit and recharge for the rest of your fantastic birthday journey. Enjoy!
26th March 2016

Switzerland
I cannot say enough about all the wonderful cheeses! It has been a good birthday journey for Dave....and the views.
26th March 2016

Grindelwald
Good you made it to Grindelwald, its one of my favourite places in Switzerland, great views of 3000m+ wall of mountains.
26th March 2016

Grindelwald
Truly one of the more picturesque places in this country. Truly a wall of stunning mountains.
26th March 2016

Mountains
Amazing to see a plethora of "Mt. Rainers". Wonderful photos and descriptions.
26th March 2016

Mountains
While in Switzerland you spend your life surrounding by amazing mountains. Thanks for the comment. Miss you.
26th March 2016

How did you pack?
Another great blog. In fact, all three of the past blogs on which I didn't comment were super. What a trip!! What I want to know is how in the world did you pack for a seven week trip with the extremes in temp and the need for different clothes in different places. We always pack in our carryon size bags and were quite proud of being able to make it for four weeks on trips where we usually don't have much of a climate change between stops. I am very impressed. Can't wait to hear about your visits to Paris and London. S
26th March 2016

How did we pack?
We are master packers. All of our long trips have included temperature extremes. This one was easier to pack for than others. Although Egypt was warmer than it was supposed to be so we were hot some days. We carried our coats and gloves through several countries unused and we layered. Not a variety of clothing because we travel with a 20" suitcase and a pack pack each. We manage....we are not fashion plates.
27th March 2016
Dave and Freddie Mercury

Claiming Freddie Mercury
Amazing how many places claim a piece of the one & only Freddie Mercury. The Swiss and Dangerous Dave may but Denise & I sipping the world's strongest Long Island Tea in the restaurant named after him can vouch Zanzibar (his birthplace) does too!
27th March 2016
Dave and Freddie Mercury

Claiming Freddie Mercury
I am not necessarily claiming Freddie, Dancing One, but merely adding him to my informal collection. Had my pic snapped at the Phil Lynott statue in Ireland two years ago.
27th March 2016
MJ with the band

Mississippi Blues Child
Guess three or more times makes you part of the band MJ...Lead Vocals?
27th March 2016
MJ with the band

Mississippi Blues Child
It was so great seeing him again but for us it was an odd venue as there was no place to dance. On the last song he asked everyone to stand and dance at their tables. The crowd loved it when he walked the room and played for each person. He knows how to win the audience!
27th March 2016
Dave with the band

Putting the Danger in Mr Sipp
Guess three or more times makes you also part of the band Dave...Dangerous Mississippi Blues Child?
27th March 2016
Dave with the band

Putting the Danger in Mr. Sipp
Not ready for the big time just yet, but the lads were impressed we showed up and the tape on our glasses impressed them and some of the fans as well!
27th March 2016
Just another fantastic view

Snow, cheese and friends!
I must say, I can't get enough of your snow pictures, especially with the quaint little towns and the towering mountains--the Eiger, wow! Lovely that you got to hook up with Nina and Marks--you are probably the most connected TBer of us all. Plus, cheese, chocolate, music and roots. Fabulous!
27th March 2016
Just another fantastic view

Snow, cheese and friends!
We feel fortunate to have seen so many amazing Swiss towns and villages. The blanket of snow really has made it special. We love meeting wonderful people and so many of them are travel bloggers. Thanks for following along and commenting.
27th March 2016

Amazing planning
You travelled through Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Israel and then in the last day in Switzerland get to see Mr Sipp, that is what I call amazing planning.
27th March 2016

Amazing planning
We are exceptional at planning so when we travel we must find the right balance between winging it and planning. We could not miss our Mr. Sipp so we were thrilled he was in Bern the same time we were. We promised him we were not stalkers and he laughed. The band is excellent if you ever have the opportunity to see them.
27th March 2016

Snow Cool ;)
Just catching up WOW how awesome does that snow look after such an epic trip. My hats off to you both. Brilliant blog
27th March 2016

Snow cool
You know we are beach people but we are really enjoying the variety in this trip. Thanks for commenting.
27th March 2016

Great to meet you finally
It was such a pleasure to finally welcome you in Switzerland and our home. We are really happy that you enjoyed your time in our region (although Markus took you in quite an altitude ;-)). And Fritz was happy to meet a new friend as well - and he is so proud that he finally made it on travelblog ;-). Have a great trip and enjoy Paris and London. Hope to see you very soon again somewhere in this wonderful world.
27th March 2016

Great to meet you finally
We loved every minute of our time with you and Markus. He took us to some beautiful and amazing places. We were thrilled too meet Fritz-- Brutus is glad to have a new friend. See you soon.
28th March 2016
Enjoying the view....still

Stunning view
Wow what a stunning view. I think I could sit there all day drinking tea and enjoying the mountain views. I see you guys are heading for London, that's so cool.
28th March 2016
Enjoying the view....still

Stunning view
We could have stayed there a long time soaking in that view. It is amazingly stunning beauty.
29th March 2016
More hot chocolate, please!

What a view
I bet that hot chocolate tasted so much better for the view. Those mountains are so cool, they almost look blue screened into the shot! :)
29th March 2016
More hot chocolate, please!

What a view
It was an amazing view and the chocolate was super.
3rd April 2016

Memories
Reading this I remembered staying at a little hotel outside Interlaken with my late husband and getting up about 5 am to see the most wonderful sunset ...thanks for that memory. Grindlwald, Lauterbrunnen .. It's all just soooo beautiful.
3rd April 2016

Memories
If we've stimulated a positive memory with our blog that is all we can ask for. An amazing part of the world. Thanks for following along.

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 21; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb