Chasing Mountains on our Switzerland Road Trip!


Advertisement
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
August 1st 2015
Published: August 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

If you have ever felt daunted by the idea of taking a road trip in a foreign land, such as Switzerland, you are not alone. At first, I didn't know what we were getting ourselves into! There weren't that many useful resources explaining step by step how to take a road trip around the Swiss mountain range. Most message boards warned against the idea of driving here, especially in the winter when the... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 169, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Loving these viewsLoving these views
Loving these views

Murren, Switzerland



27th August 2015

Thanks for another of your absolutely delightful blogs...
and your advice regarding the itinerary and what to see was spot on. When living in Stuttgart, Germany which was a two hour drive from Switzerland we spent many long weekends in the Bernese Oberland south of Interlaken...we stayed at the inn in Steckleberg at the end of the Lauterbrunnen Valley. We've hiked and skied all the mountains in the area. So thank you for the memories! And I think we can agree that we don't visit Switzerland for the people, who themselves agree they are somewhat reserved. Later when we lived in Belgium we had a Swiss neighbor who built a house next to ours with the exact floor plan of their apartment in Switzderland...so they knew where to put all their furniture!
27th August 2015

Thanks for following Bob!
Its so funny that even your neighbors wanted to recreate their Switzerland home in Belgium! I dont blame them, even the homes there are beautiful. I love that you had the chance to enjoy the outdoors and have a very similar road trip to ours. You can tailor any road trip to your own liking, and even free style as you go, its a pretty awesome experience!
28th August 2015
The graceful swans of Lake Lucerne

Brilliant group!
How wise to go with your friends, so you could afford the independence of a car, stay in the charming chateau and have friendly people to hang out with! The scenery looks gorgeous--lovely that you got to glide over it and hike through it. I also really appreciate your sunny perspective on everything. Great blog, as usual--thanks!
28th August 2015
The graceful swans of Lake Lucerne

Thanks Tara :)
Thanks for always leaving me such nice comments Tara! Taking this trip with our friends truly worked to everyone's advantage, and the experiences we shared were priceless :)
28th August 2015

Hanging on every word
We hope our next trip is to Switzerland so we love every moment and piece of information you provide. Soon we hope to follow in your footsteps. As always-- great photography
29th August 2015

Thanks Dave & Merry J!
Thank you so much for your lovely comment!! I'm glad I got to share my experiences with you. I truly hope you get to travel here as well. Travel here can be tailored so you can pick and choose what you want to see and do, or you can just free style and see where the road takes you, because either way it's still going to be peaceful, beautiful, and wonderful!

Tot: 0.507s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 38; qc: 132; dbt: 0.144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.6mb