Day 9 - Friedrichschafen - Interlaken


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
July 26th 2013
Published: July 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast and packing the van we headed down to Dani and Jonas' to say goodbye to everbody. Lots of hugs later we were on our way with a quick stop at a shopping centre where we were able to buy steins and Raechel got some cheap shoes.

Our 250 km drive to Interlaken in Switzerland took us all day. The first part of the day the traffic was very heavy but the scenery along the lake was lovely. Stopped at a Basilica on the side of the road and had a look inside, it was very ornate. Also bought some fresh raspberries and cherries to have for lunch and pressed on. Crossed into Switzerland and stopped in Luzern for lunch. Very picturesque but very hot! And when we got back to the van we had a parking ticket! We had only paid for forty minutes because that was all the money we had in Swiss francs! It would be so much easier if they used the euro too!

The drive into Interlaken was spectacular as we drove through the pass and along the valley, past some beautiful lakes. We had booked our hotel thought the Internet and when
Inside the BasillicaInside the BasillicaInside the Basillica

You weren't supposed to take pictures but Mitchell could'nt resist!
we drove up the girls were very impressed. It is a very old guest house in the typical Swiss design. We checked in and the staff were lovely. Rooms were quaint but we have shared bathrooms. More than compensated for by the view room the large terrace. We relaxed on said terrace and enjoyed the very cheap bottle of red (2euros) that Mitchell had picked up that morning while watching the sun start to set on the mountains. We ate at the hotel and drank beer and apple ciders from the brewery next door before wandering down the road for a stroll that included cows with tingling bells and stunning views of the mountains. It gets dark very late here, it was well after 10 and it was still light. A quick game of Oh hell with the girls and another day is done.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 19; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb