Interlaken Ost


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
September 18th 2012
Published: September 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided to go to Interlaken and keep the hiking low key. We took the train via Murren-Grutschalp-Lauterbrunnen-Interlaken Ost.

We walked along "fancy hotel" row, saw a couple of tandem flyers land, had McDonalds and the took the boat cruise (1st class) on Lake Thun to Spiez. The 1st class only lasted for 1/2 the cruise though. We didn't realize that we were sitting in first class until the ticket holder agent came by to check and told us that we were in the 1st class section. O well, it was unintendedly nice while it lasted.

On the boat cruise (which was very slow) we stopped by Neuhaus, Beatushohlen-Sundlauenen, Beatenbucht, Merligen, Faulensee and finally Speiz. We didn't stop anywhere except Spiez. We were told that if we were to stay on the boat and go from 1 end of Thun to the other, the whole trip would take about 5 hours. We only had about 3, so we decided to stop off at Spiez and check out the Spiez Schloss at least. We also walked around town a little bit and then took the train back from there versus taking the boat back.

We picked up a couple of sandwiches at the Lauterbrunnen Coop for dinner and went back to the hotel for eating. We were going to eat in the lounge together, but there was a new tour group coming into town and Alan and Veronique had asked that we not eat in the louge. So we decided to picnic in our room instead.

Because of the new tour group, the hotel brought in an Accordian Player and Alpine Horn player. They gave us some history and folklore about the Swiss music and then they allowed us to try out the Alpine Horn. I tried it. It was kind of hard but pretty cool. Then we chicken danced. Even in Switzerland, they have the chicken dance. Tomorrow, we leave the mountains and head to Luzern.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb