Hiking (Day 2)


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
September 16th 2011
Published: September 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Woke up around 10 am. I wasn't that sore from yesterdays canyoning surprisingly. We got a map and figured out what route we wanted to take. It was set, route 25 from Grindelwald. Ali and I met up with another friend at the train station and we started our long journey. (with a quick stop in the store to get water and lunch for the top ) Train ride was about 30 mins to get up to Grindelwald and then we had to hike down to get to the actually starting point in Grund. We walked around looking for the signs and finally found them and it was along the river with some nice rapids going through. Such a nice, shady route. Got to one check point with a hotel and we walked in and saw that we could pay to walk through along the side of a gorge with a crazy river going through it. SO we decided to pay and go through this awesome gorge. It was a nice 40 minute walk in and back out. It was cool to see a few sun rays shine through the cut in the earth about 130 meters up.

When we circled back to the beginning we continued on our hike. OOh man that was a crazy hike. It was pretty much a 4 hour stair master hike. My buns were rock hard. Just up this mountain, zig zagging back and forth with some steepness and nature/man made stairs. It was ridiculous. In the middle of the hike we hit a nice spot with a great view of the mountains on top of some boulders. We sat there and soaked in the rays and let my shirt dry from the sweat drenching it. After the rest we kept on. Well we realized that tons of people were coming from the oppisite way since its down hill its a lot easier. But I hate going down hill. It just kills my knees.

When we got to the top of our route we had planned to go up one more route to catch the train from there to go back down but realized that we might be running out of time since we had no idea when the trains stop. So we just took the shorter route back to the train station. We were all disappointed because we wanted to take this route to the Eiger Mountain ( north face ) (It just goes along the mountain). Well that's life though. It was still a great hike and saw amazing views and we all felt that we accomplished a huge hike and one of the more hardest ones. The pictures will look great. When we got back down to Interlaken we ate some left overs from last night and I pretty much just passed out. Since I had to go canyoning tomrrow for the second try to go down the actually canyon I wanted to in the first place.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb