Portogruaro to Interlaken (Unterseen)


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
June 4th 2011
Published: June 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Jungfrau from UnterseenThe Jungfrau from UnterseenThe Jungfrau from Unterseen

View of the Jungfrau from the Unterseen apartment
We left Portogruaro and the Santaliana family at 7.00am after fond farewells and many thankyou's. We will miss them and their hospitality but at the same time we'll be pleased to be in our old stamping ground of Grindelwald. We arrived at Interlaken West at 2.30 and were met by our old friend Mariann who many of the readers will know from past visits. The rest of the day was spent settling in and shopping for a new mobile internet connection for Switzerland. This is much more expensive than the deal we had in Italy at SF7.50 per day. Multiply that by 60 and it's quite an expensive way of staying in touch. So, maybe every second day we'll use it. On the plus side, we can use unlimited data on those days. Mariann is quite happy living in Unterseen rather than Grindelwald in her comfortable apartment.

Today, we have purchased our Swiss Pass for 30 days. It was a very quick way to reduce the bank account $1500NZ dollars!!! However, compared to a car with insurance, petrol, rental plus the use of buses, cable ways and boats when required, it probably isn't such a bad deal. I'm quite sure that prices have gone up since we were last here since purchases seem to be much more against our NZ dollar.

We've had a cruisey day walking up to the Helmwelfluh to great views over both lakes of Brienz and Thun and then along the shore of Lake Brienz. Tomorrow we wil move into the house of Uf dr Ofni in Grindelwald once the people renting it leave in the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb