Paragliding in the alps


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
June 28th 2008
Published: June 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I just got back from Interlaken. It was an amazing trip. We took the train up after work Friday, and made it to Interlaken around 10. Interlaken is an absolutely breathtaking town. It is completely surrounded by the Alps. We checked into our hostel, which was probably the best hostel ever. It was really clean, had free all you can eat breakfast, free bus passes, and free passes to the local pool.
This morning, I woke up and went paragliding. I was incredibly nervous as we made our way up the mountain. Getting ready to run off the mountain was the scariest part. Once we were running, I knew there was no changing my mind. After about a minute of screaming and being terrified, I got adjusted to paragliding. It was remarkably peaceful. I am usually afraid of heights, but this was somehow different. I felt like a bird floating through the air.
After paragliding, we walked around Interlaken for a while before taking the train back to Geneva. We stopped in Bern, with hopes of seeing the bears and Einstein's apartment. However, we quickly found they were far away from the train station and would be challenging to get to without a map. So, we went back on the train to Geneva. I just got back to CERN and am exhausted but VERY happy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



28th June 2008

Sounds like Fun!
I love reading your blog, i just got caught up on everything. Sounds like an amazing time. I am so jealous of your trip plans, i am glad you are making the most of your experience! Also glad to hear the pigeons haven't entered your room! HAHA... i miss you, have tons of fun!!!!
29th June 2008

Paragliding
Hi Meghan, We were just reading your blog about paragliding and it sounds like you really had a wonderful experience. We are so glad that you were able to do it, and also to see a little more of the country. We especially enjoyed the pictures and the countryside we could see in the pictures from your birds eye view. Have fun! J,R.J.
30th June 2008

Paragliding
WOW! What a wonderful experience that must have been. Am so proud fo you for doing it in spite of being scared. It must have been wonderful. The view of the alps must have been wonderful. I am enjoying your blog so much. I sent the link to Uncle John and Aunt Cheryl...they said that they are enjoying your adventure. Hope that you don't mind. Can't wait until another adventure. Love Grandma Sharon

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb