SWITZERLAND-GENEVA-1112 THRU 1115


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva
November 16th 2009
Published: November 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

ON THE TRAIN RIDE TO GENEVA
The TGV train ride from Gare De Lyon of Paris to Geneva is a beautiful one...It goes thru fields, forests, lakes, and mountains...It was a smooth and pleasurable ride...
I arrived in Geneva at 2:30 pm and met my cousin S at the Station...She took me to the UN headquarters where I took a tour of the Palace of Nations...It was a very interesting and informative one hour tour...
Geneva is a beautiful small city with a very international crowd...It is geographically well situated, surrounded by the Alps and Jura mountain ranges (with a view of the Mont Blanc peak), adjacent to Lake Geneva where it flows to the Rhone river, less than 20 kilometers to the border of France and Haute-Savoie...
The mountain ski resort/village of Chamonix was our destination on Friday...It was a breathtaking 60 kilometers ride from Geneva through the Alps and the glaciers...There was fresh mountain air...We were suppose to take the tele siege up the mountain to see the Mont Blanc up close, but all the tele sieges were closed...They re-open sometime in December...
Saturday we drove to Montreux which is about 90 kilometers from Geneva to visit my Aunt S...The city is very very beautiful
Photo 7Photo 7Photo 7

IN FRONT OF THE PALACE OF NATIONS
with lake Geneva and the mountains as the backdrop...
Sunday was The Medieval village of Yvoire where we had Reblochon fondue...It was a cold and cloudy day so the fondue just hit the spot...
I know I sound like I am itemizing the trip, but the trip was amazing...First off it was a reunion of cousins...that was nice, and then the nature and landscape of wherever we visited was just breathtaking!!! Check out the pictures...

Also...
I have never seen so much flowers as I have seen in Switzerland...
It is always very sad to say goodbye...




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Photo 11Photo 11
Photo 11

THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY HALL AT THE PALACE OF NATIONS...DID YOU KNOW THE VATICAN IS NOT A MEMBER OF THE UN...IT IS ONLY AN OBSERVER...
Photo 3Photo 3
Photo 3

ON THE WAY TO CHAMONIX
Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

ON THE WAY TO CHAMONIX
Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

CHAMONIX
Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

CHAMONIX
Photo 10Photo 10
Photo 10

MONTREUX
Photo 11Photo 11
Photo 11

MONTREUX...
Photo 12Photo 12
Photo 12

MONTREUX...
Photo 12Photo 12
Photo 12

VIEW OF LAKE GENEVA AND THE MONT BLANC FROM PERLE DU LAC
Photo 13Photo 13
Photo 13

YVOIRE
Photo 14Photo 14
Photo 14

YVOIRE
Photo 15Photo 15
Photo 15

YVOIRE
Photo 16Photo 16
Photo 16

YVOIRE


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb