Photos Galore!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva » La Plaine
July 7th 2012
Published: July 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The title says it all. We have now returned from Euro Disney and we had to take tons of pictures. There were characters and parades and rides - so exciting for Myles and Isabelle. The four days that we were gone were over too quickly.

For me, the highlight was going on the ride Space Mountain once again. I haven't been on that ride since I was around 12 years old. It was a good as I remembered it. The highlight for Isabelle was getting to see all of the characters. Avery's highlight was getting to see the parade on Main Street U.S.A. As for Myles, all I know is that he wasn't the biggest fan of the characters at the character meal. I asked if he wanted to get his picture with Donald Duck, but he wouldn't leave my side. The only 2 characters that he would get close to were Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh. He had to give Pooh a big hug.

One funny story was Myles snubbing Minnie Mouse. Each morning, after we finished our breakfast at our hotel - The Sequoia Lodge - we would have to line up to get pictures done with characters. On the last morning, we were waiting in line to see Minnie Mouse. Once the kids got to the front of the line and it was their turn to have their picture taken with Minnie Mouse, Myles would have none of it. He didn't want to get his picture done with Minnie Mouse. He would say, "Isabelle Minnie Mouse, Myles Mickey."

It terms of going to Euro Disney it was a role reversal. Everytime that Avery and I have been to Disneyland or Disneyworld, we were there with our parents. Now we are the parents taking our kids to Euro Disney. I guess that it is like the song from the Lion King, "The Circle of Life."

We had a really good time at Euro Disney. We got the all inclusive package. It was nice to not have to worry about preparing our own meals. It was nice to be catered to, plus the meals were all really good. We even had a pool at our hotel and we went there a couple of times. It was nice to have a hot tub for once. Actually, you couldn't call it a hot tub, it was more like a warm tub. It was nice, nonetheless. The funny thing about this warm tub was when a family from the UK decided to come in. When they entered the warm tub, the dad and the son both said, "This is ridiculously hot." I would say that that was a hyperbole. I guess that they weren't used to hot tubs. Avery and I were chuckling to each other over that one.

So, all in all, I would say that we had a great trip. It is nice to be on vacation. The only hiccup to our trip was on the way home. Once we were around Bellegarde, France, the autoroute was closed down and we had to take the smaller roads home. The trip from Avully to Bellegarde is usually only 30 minutes, but on our way home, it took us 2 hours or more. Since the autoroute was closed, all of the traffic had to take the smaller roads. While we were stuck in traffic, we had to get out of the car a couple of times for potty breaks.

Tomorrow we are off to Italy. We are excited for this part of our vacation and we are the most excited about eating the food.

Jarod


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Restaurant des Stars.Restaurant des Stars.
Restaurant des Stars.

At this restaurant for lunch, we had a visit from the rat from Ratatouille. That was neat.
Band.Band.
Band.

This was outside of Restaurant des Stars.
Isabelle and Minnie.Isabelle and Minnie.
Isabelle and Minnie.

This is where Myles didn't want to get his picture taken with just Minnie.
Parade.Parade.
Parade.

This was the parade on the night that we arrived.
Woody and Buzz.Woody and Buzz.
Woody and Buzz.

For some reason, Myles is obsessed with Woody and Buzz Lightyear. He hasn't even seen the movie.
Driving ride.Driving ride.
Driving ride.

We let Isabelle and Myles drive for this ride. Let's just say that we are happy that they are not driving now.


13th July 2012

Awesome pics & see you soon
Great pictures and an amazing time no doubt. Your detour story on the way home reminded me of all the little obstacles that were thrown in your way as a family while in Europe. It has probably become much more casual then the first bit of adversity faced when you all arrived, not much can rattle you all now I bet.

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb