Mt. Titlus is cold!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Engelberg
May 26th 2009
Published: June 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

So I never really thought I'd ride in a cable car in Switzerland up to the top of Mt. Titlus! I was wrong! Today we heard a lecture about Mt. Titlus, the resort and what the past held for Titlus and Engelberg, what is presently going on, and what the future holds! Of course global warming is always an issue when running an operation like this, and even though the resort is taking steps to both combat global warming and lower its own emissions and help with environment protection, it could always be doing better! For example, in the ice cave, it needs to limit the number of people allowed in at once, or else body heat from too many people will lead to the deterioration and melting of the ice. Granted its a slow process but it will still happen. Especially since people are allowed to walk, touch, take pictures next to the ice, etc. Even a few fools enjoyed sliding across it. Ok so now for transportation! You get onto this little 6 person cable car, not too shabby, nothing too different from normal! It gives you a great view of the mountain side as well. Then once you a certain spot, you get into a bigger cable car, that holds a lot more than 6. That takes you up just a little bit higher, and finally you get to the top of Mt. Titlus by taking a circular cable car, that the floor of rotates. One of like only 3 in the world or something! Not gonna lie, i really thought the whole car rotated not just the floor. So this brings you to the top of the mountain, from which there are numerous activities and sights, including snow tubing, playing in snow, and seeing a rock which supposedly resembles Buddha. All in all, a very good day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb