thurs 10th july


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Brig
July 15th 2014
Published: July 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Too much rain, so indoor activities required 1st on the agenda was europes largest underground lake - another record breaker only downside packed full of noisy kids. took out a bank loan to get the coffees in before the 30 min trip on the lake. Formed by glaciers millions of years ago discovered in 1949 still wondering how the fish got in- our french not that good. Guide was struggling for features at the end and started pointing out shapes in rocks that looked like faces, eiffel tower and crocodiles - maybe if you squint and hold your head at a 45 degree angle !! Lou added one to the list as she swore she could see an elephant - not the first time she has seen apparitions of zoo animals ...... still raining on exit so back to tent to lunch and regroup - decision made to go to leukerbad thermal swimming pools. 7 pool complex with sauna solarium jacuzzis etc . Had to queue for the car park but it was worth it the minute we walked in to our outdoor hot pool. 3 outdoor pools on ground floor including areas of jacuzzis 1 with loungers, swiss as obedient as usual -once bubbles stopped everybody moved out for the next set to move in. Did the indoor one in the basement for half hour but too many small people. I put lou off finding the sauna as I told her they would most likely all be naked. Back from the pool to mcdoners pizza place for a lazy tea then back to tent to watch itv drama lord lucan - what a nasty man he was! Everybody ready for sleep at 12 still raining .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb