Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-East » Lugano » Gandria
October 8th 2010
Published: October 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

As we are so close to the Swiss border, we didnt want to miss the opportunity to take a trip over there for lunch. A 20 minute ferry, and an hour of bus and we were in the lakeside town of Lugano.
We wandered around for an hour before settling ourselves down to lunch. We really wanted to try Swiss Fondue, and what a delicious treat it was. They bring the cheese sauce, set it on the flame. We dipped bread, boiled new potatoes, caramelized pickled onions and gherkins, all washed down with a beer for John and 2 glasses of white wine for me. The waiter then relieved us of the equivalent of £50 and an hour and a half later we were riding on the Noddy train around Lugano before a quick butchers around the local shops and getting on the bus home.
If we ever thought Italy was expensive, then Switzerland beats it hands down. But then, we all know that anyway dont we.
The food on sale in the streets and local markets was so attractive, I took loads of photos .... and the chocolate shops... well, I looked at a bag of mis-shapes, all in all probably the amount of 2 large £2 bars of enish Cadburies, and they had it priced up at $45 ( swiss francs) - about £30 ??????!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

SDC11020SDC11020
SDC11020

Beautiful cakes - extortionately expensive tho...
SDC11034SDC11034
SDC11034

Although the price was ridiculous, it was something we had to experience... and it was delicious.


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb