Lucerne - Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
September 21st 2016
Published: September 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Early morning boat cruise on lake Lucerne was a bit misty and crisp, but nice.

Now the highlight of the day and probably the best was getting up the top of Mt Titlis, 10,000 ft of mountain. 3 gondolas, the last one revolves 360 degrees. We had a ball.

It was foggy all the way to the mountain and very misty on the gondolas until we broke through into brilliant sunshine and we could see the top of the mountain. Just breathtaking. On the way up, we opened the gondola windows and you hear the cow bells ringing out over the mountain. Just magic.

We went on the ice flyer yeah! It took us to some toboggans, free use. The Kiwis (only us) kicked ass. I went down so fast I was launched into the net at the end, and back flipped down the hill. No-one else got anywhere near it. (I was told you were supposed to use your feet for brakes). Yeah nah! Tried that but only ended up having a big crash. No brakes is good. After a few runs, and out of breath (the air is very thin) we went for a walk thru an ice cave. Clowned around for a awhile, then it was time to go back down. Definitely a highlight of the trip.

Back to Lucerne and shopping. The home of Swiss Army knives and watches, need I say more.........

Next, a quiet dinner and walk into town before bed. Up early for our trip into Germany.


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0999s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb