Day 6


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
July 31st 2006
Published: August 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

MeMeMe

Taking the Glacier Ice shot.. it's deadly!
HUGE DAY!!

As part of the optionals you can do a cable car ride to the top of Mount Pilatus. I signed up and the next thing I knew we were heading there. It took about an hour to get to the top with two short stops along the way. The views were amazing. Once you reach the top there are a bunch of resturants to get some good food and hot chocolate.

There is also a place where you can go buy some little gifts to bring home. The air just smells sweeter up that high.

After you are given tons of time to do whatever you would like on the mountain we all met by the train station to take the train down the mountain. It's the steepest train in the world. It took about 40 mins to get down the mountain.

Once we got off the mountain we headed to the bus to go to our next location Austria. We made a 45 min lunch stop as we constantly do thoughout the long bus rides. You got to eat wherever you liked and explore some of the city.

Then we headed back on
FriendsFriendsFriends

Here is some of my friends!
the bus.

Before our final destination we had another surprise stop at Starwoski Crystals. Seeing as it's made in Austria it was a lot cheaper to buy from there. All of the girls were running around like crazy. I bought a few items myself. After that stop we headed to our 400 year old hotel. Where you have an amazing three course dinner.

Grandma still lives in the hotel and she is the sweetest person. She has a room upstairs and just adds to the charm of the house and of the town. There is a bar downstairs in the hotel that is really there to do anything you might want or need. Everyone try a Glacier Ice... it's one of the best shots.. strong though. 😉

After the bar I stumbled back to my room, lol. Awesome night.

-Monica-


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Long tableLong table
Long table

Here is a long table shot
Cable carCable car
Cable car

Here is a shot from the cable car


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb