Lucerne & the Gorgeous Pilatus Mountain


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
October 22nd 2011
Published: October 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was AMAZING!! My pics and description of the day just will not be able to do it justice!

We started off the day catching the train to Lucerne (Luzern) and the weather was not good! Really heavy thick grey cloud covering the whole sky but we remained hopeful that it would clear up! The train took only an hour and we stepped out into Lucerne! So beautiful! Old like Berne with fountains everywhere but a huge lake surrounding us! The weather started improving and we wandered round Lucerne for a while, tried the amazing swiss maronni, fed the gianormous swans, walked the famous bridge that was burnt in 1992 so some of the paintings were ruined but its still pretty special, and sat in at the stage - the sun! and ate lunch!

We then got tickets to board a cruise around the lake, mountains and then to drop us off at the Pilatus mountains. the ride was amazing, About an hour and a half, the sun was out, it was a clear day now and the view of the mountain ranges from the lake was just stunning! Took a million pics and the we arrived at pilatus.
P1030106P1030106P1030106

huge swans in luzern
We got on the steepest train in the world and spent 30mins heading up pilatus mountain! When we got there the view was just completely breathtaking! So so stunning I was lost for words! We did a few walks and took so many pics - unfortunately my cam had died and naturaly i hadnt bought my camera so michael was in charge of taking pics but I was just itching for my camera the whwole time!! Just amazing! When the sun started going down we hopped on the gondala and made our way back down to Luzern. this was awesome aswell and cos the sun was setting, all of the surrounding just looked sensational! Ah i wanna go back!!

We got back to Berne about 8pm, made Fajitas for dinner (which were so so good!) and then got ready to head out to play some pool and have a bit of dance with some of Michaels friends. had a fun night which just topped off an incredible day in Switzerland!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

P1030112P1030112
P1030112

Marroni!Famous swiss food. Like warm nuts! yummy!
P1030116P1030116
P1030116

more fountains
Photo 13Photo 13
Photo 13

stunning stuning views from the top
FotoFoto
Foto

Luzern town
FotoFoto
Foto

Luzern town
Photo 23Photo 23
Photo 23

on our cruise
Photo 28Photo 28
Photo 28

Pilatus
Photo 29Photo 29
Photo 29

heading up pilatus on the steepest train in the world
Photo 30Photo 30
Photo 30

reaching snow


23rd May 2012

Wounderful Memories
Lucerene & Pilatus Mountain were one of the highlights of our trip, the view from the top of the mountain were just breathtaking. You sure did bring back some wonderful memories to me when I read through your blog xx

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb