Whirlwind Swiss Adventure


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
September 10th 2009
Published: November 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 - I arrived in Zurich and met Ian at the airport. We got the train to Lucerne together. Michelle's apartment is beautiful, and we got a tour of the school she teaches at. Michelle's friends had arranged a stagette for her - we went out for a beautiful supper then to a local pub they frequent for some YouTube karaoke.

Day 2 - We had the wedding rehersal in Hergisvil. The church is beautiful. We went to a British pub for dinner where we met Ian's extended family and I learnt all about cricket. We called it a night fairly early - we had a big day the next morning!

Day 3 ***Wedding Day*** We got ready in Lisa's apartment, right in the medieval section of town. It was fun walking down the streets to the main square all dressed up - we got lot's of stares and pictures taken! Lot's of tourists thought they were pretty lucky to stumble upon an authentic Swiss wedding - little did they know it was a Canadian marrying a Brit! The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was a blast! We were busting out some pretty special dance moves - the phoon has invaded Europe!

Day 4 - Ian's family arranged brunch in one of the towers of the old city wall, which was really special. Then we went up to Mount Pilatus, spent the day up there exploring and playing cards while waiting for the gondola queue to die down. Unfortunately I did not get to do the kick ass ropes course on the way down - by the time we got a gondola it was closed. Next time I guess.

Day 5 - Spent the day wandering around Lucerne. We saw the lion statue, walked around the medieval quarter, climbed up to the Gutsch castle. Nice relaxing way to spend my last day in Switzerland.

Day 6 - Said my goodbyes and got the train to Zurich with Ian to end my whirlwind trip to Switzerland 😞


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb