Swiss Alps!!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Berne
June 25th 2017
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This is hard to describe. We were excited to visit Switzerland but are completely in awe of the Swiss Alps. First off, the villages are storybook & adorable! We are staying in the village of Wengen which is 4500ft above sea level. After our scenic drive, we arrived at our hotel which is a beautiful chalet. We enjoyed an authentic Swiss meal & listened to Swiss music. This morning, we headed to Trummelbach falls, huge waterfalls within the Alps. Absolutely incredible with 5000 gallons of water per second - truly awesome & a bit frightening! We went up an elevator inside the falls & walked down. I cannot even describe it!! The power & roar of the falls was overwhelming! Then we headed on a gondola up to the top of the mountain & proceeded to do a 1 1/2 hour hike across. Again, worlds cannot describe the incredible beauty of the Alps. We saw Swisscows, waterfalls & insane paragliders. Finally, we finished by taken 2 gondola rides, a train , bus & another train back to our village. We then had dinner overlooking the Alps with our group. Finally, the kids jumped into a soccer game while the parents chilled at the hotel. I can only say that this is the most beautiful place I have ever been in the world! We will be sad to leave but are heading to the Cinque Terre in Italy in the morning! Goodnight! We have forever ruined our kids!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb