Bern


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Berne
July 10th 2006
Published: July 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Overnight stop in Bern. We've been on the rails ALL day on our way to the Alps, so Bern is just an overnight stop. I had heard about the Swiss being punctual, early to bed and early to rise and all that but this is a big city and it completely shuts down at night. NOthing is open except a couple of hamburgers places...not even a convience store to buy a cold drink. On the bright side everything is extremely neat, clean, and tidy and the stores open at 6 am!!
We're staying in one of nice hotels with a good shower and towels; every few days we have to break up the hotels budget way.
Tomorrow morning early we leave for Murren high in the Alps, we'll be taking a swiss train, a funicular, a gondola and a bus to get there. Should be fun!! Don't know when I'll be able to update this again.
Gary: sorry I didn't get to talk to use...go sold a bum phone card that wouldn't work on anything but a land line and couldn't call you this morning, and since the card is only good in Belgium I can't use it now...don't worry you'll hear my voice sometime this week..probably in the wee hours..
Advertisement



10th July 2006

Camp News
So your heading for the heights. That will probably be a beautiful site.You will be glad to here that i got the big green box at the post office today. i went to the VETS today for CHICA"s shots today, rabbies ,etc. BOOTSIE came into the house and ate today but left before finishing. "progress" Last night i went over to the DOC"S house and gave him the calico bass i cleaned for him and was he happy.I have a few surprises for you when you come home to me.Love YOU bunches.
11th July 2006

Vas is das?
Funicular? Say what? Actually, I've heard of them. What's t like?

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb