Boo hoo, off of the ship


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Basel
September 7th 2016
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.5667, 7.6

We woke up on the river and had our next stop. We were met by our buses and went on an excursion to the black forest of Germany. We drove thru a few beautiful little villages. We finally stopped at a place where they demonstrate the making of cuckoo clocks. Also, there was a glass blowing demonstration and the worlds largest cuckoo clock. It covered the entire side of the house where it was mounted. Stacy watched the cuckoo clock making demonstration while I went for a hike into the black forest. We then met up for the glass blowing demo. Stacy says that they had a replica of the first cuckoo clock ever made. It had a rock as the counterweight! We returned to the ship in time for lunch. Then we went for a walk around the old town section of Breisach. After that, a little rest and dinner. We met a very nice couple from Roseville. Their names are George and Nina. We had dinner with them a few times and saw them on some of the excursions. We have exchanged numbers and are going to see them after we get back to reality. This morning was disembarkment day. How disappointing. The river cruise was excellent. The food was fabulous, the staff were extremely attentive and the scenery was monumental. We had to be out of our rooms by 9:00AM. They told us we could stay until they sailed at 8:00PM. We stayed thru lunch and took a 1:00PM tour of Basel with some of the new guests. We got a cab at 4:00PM and went over to our hotel. Tomorrow we do the dreaded laundry and some touring around Basel and then on Friday we fly to London for 3 days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



8th September 2016

What a nice blog Bob! Thanks for including us. Is that first picture your hotel here in Basel? It looks really cute. You had many pictures of things I didn't see I would love to see the rest of them when you all get back.
8th September 2016

So glad you haven't disappointed me by leaving out the door knockers. My favorite. So cool about your new friends.
8th September 2016

So sad you had to leave the ship but so glad you had such a great cruise experience.
12th September 2016

That is awesome.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb