McSalmonella


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Basel » Binningen
June 9th 2011
Published: June 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Since the last entry things have not been well with the Thompson family; in fact extremely unwell. A rogue Chicken Royale from McDonalds in the Markplatz Basel took out Katrina then spread to me, then Pat, then Jackson. Each of us has had a couple of days laid up in bed followed by a gradual recovery. Thankfully we haven't (yet) spread it to Vreni, Raymond, Björn or Laura. Today (Thursday) we are almost back to 100%. We might not visit another Golden Arches for the rest of this trip!!

Our planned departure was yesterday but we now plan to leave Saturday morning before we overstay our welcome and Vreni & Raymond decide to throw us out on the street! Quite fortuitously, the old Sandoz Clinical Project Management team had arranged to hold a reunion at an Indian restaurant on St Johannsvorstadt on Friday evening, so Pat, Vreni & I will now be able to join in and reminisce about old times working/playing hard at CPM. One person who won't be able to make it is Zoraida Armstrong but Katrina & I had lunch with her today and caught up on 16 years of news.

We now have a car: Pat & I took the tram/bus to the airport to pick up our Citröen C4 lease car that has our name on the ownership papers and just 36km on the clock. We should ask for a refund because it has the steering wheel on the wrong side but otherwise it's OK. Apart from the colour that is: dark metallic brown - very Gallic. In between bouts of nausea we've taken it out for a few spins in the local countryside, including 2 separate visits to the Mariastein monastery just 5km from Witterswill. His (yes it's a male) name has yet to be decided - watch this space...

M.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb