Very Early Start Flying into Zurich!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
October 20th 2011
Published: October 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So! Another 2.40am start to the weekend and missioning it to Gatwick airport! The most nightmarish airport to get to and from but made it with screeeeds of time as I had already checked in online and didnt realise that meant i only needed to be there an hour before! So had something to eat, lost my only warm jacket - found it again about 30mins later, had a sleep and then boarded the plane to Zurich! It was only an hour and a half flight to zurich! Sooo close! Its crazy! But then had to board a train to Berne where my friend Michael lives. it cost 105 swiss francs return! very expensive for an hour train! But that was just a taste of what was to come with the prices in switzerland!

All went smoothly and I met Michael in the "meeting area" i the train station in Berne! t was really good to see him but i was completely chattered after doing a whole lot of nothing from the wee hours! But suck it up Rach and off we went!

Went to the supermarket and bought all sorts of Swiss treats for the next 4 days,
P1030072P1030072P1030072

the ridiculous that is prices in switzerland! the equivalent of $11 for a coffee at starbucks!!
made lunch and had a siesta for an hour or so which helped! Then we used their bikes (EVERYONE bikes everwhere over here! No helmets, not holding on, in the middle of the road, not a care in the world!) and biked through Berne so Michael could show me how pretty it was at sundown and it was! Even though i was informed that I was an amateur bikeist most of the way!!

When we got back I had an intense cheese information session and we ate real Mozzarella in blobs with water in the packet - sooo weird! With tomato on toast, for dinner! it was good times!

Early early night in berne for me tonight but great day and so much more beautifulness for me to see!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Photo 2Photo 2
Photo 2

The beautiful view over bern
P1030053P1030053
P1030053

the church made out of sandstone that has to be renovated every year!
P1030055P1030055
P1030055

everyone bikes everywhere!
P1030058P1030058
P1030058

the main street of berne


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb