Zurich Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
September 4th 2009
Published: September 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a six hour flight during the middle of the night and NO sleep, I landed in Zurich with an eight hour layover. Instead of sleeping in the airport, I decided to leave the airport. I went to the train station and got a round trip ticket to the city center which was about ten minutes. The main station was in walking distance of a lot of tourist attractions like the famous windows at the Fraumunster Church, the church with the huge famous clock, a street with a dozen or so designer shops, and much more. I took a lot of awesome pictures and talked to some of the Swiss locals and they were SO friendly. From the river, I could see hills after hills and layers of rows of houses. And behind the hills were the snow capped Swiss mountains. It was a beatiful first taste of Europe. I took the train back to the airport and hour before my flight and was surprised to see that the people at my gate were not just speaking Czech and French, but a dozen or so different languages because Prague is such a destination for so many Europeans. The Swiss Alps from the sky was also an amazing view..


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



8th September 2009

Great pics
Good to hear you arrived safely and you had fun exploring..Luv the pics.. Luv N Prayers. G-ma
9th September 2009

Such beautiful photos!
12th October 2009

This was just your first Day
WOW This is amazing and to think this was just your first day, you had not even gotten to Prague yet!

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 118; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb