Westies in Wonderland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
August 19th 2009
Published: August 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

An age, a lifetime ago, way back in June!

I travelled from Slovenia over to Milan to meet up with Brent and Shona for the weekend.
We ate bad pizza and great gelato (fresh fig being the winner), got picked on by touts and pecked at by horrible pigeons in the square.

After Milan, we drove north to Staefa near Zurich, where the Westies currently reside.
I spent a week with them in their lovely apartment.

Very cruisy - lots of sleep, swimming in lake Zurich, touring the city and marvelling at Chagall´s windows in the Frauminster church, yummy nachos reminiscent of when we used to flat together in Glenfield (except mine were vege nachos this time)

I had good showers and even washed my clothes.

We visited Titlis mountain on the weekend, played in the snow and on the taboggans, hiked down the mountain and cheated at the end with weird little scooter bikes.

On July 5th I left them with my love.

Sorry you two, this is such a brief blog and doesn´t do your hospitality justice...
love, Em.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

The BullThe Bull
The Bull

Good luck to spin on it's balls with your left heel... that's why he has no balls...


21st August 2009

Bring Back June
Hey Chickie, what a fantastic blog! I can almost taste the Gelato with great nostalga. OOhhhh, Take me back!!!

Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb