Landed in Zurich


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
May 14th 2009
Published: May 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Atlanta, we were servered a delcious meal on the plane, with plenty of wine. Kirsten received her annverisary cards. She was very happy. We watched the movie Defiance, good movie but way to long. We finally fell alseep and landed 4 hours later. Once in the airport, e made our way to the car rental counter and picked up our car. They didn't have the super compact we ordered so they upgraded us to an Audi A4 at no cost, SWEET. We were off, well as soon as Kirsten got comfortable with the clutch.

We drove to Luzern where we stopped and had a sandwich and sweet roll. We then headed south around the Lake that Luzern sits on. It was very beautiful, overcast but still great views. We continued south toward the Goddard pass, we stopped at Altdorf and had a beer and went grocery shopping. From Altdof, we continued toward the Goddard pass, however it was closed so we took the tunnel, 17 KM long. We then arrived on the Italian side of the Alps, we're staying in a very cute in that is located Rodi-Fiesso. It was the customs check point back in the 16th centry. Nice room.

We just finished dinner, WOW! The first course a ravioli filled with cheese and spinach with a alfredo sauce that Olive Garden would pay for. For our secound course, I had a pork dish with porcini mushroom sauce that was out of this world. Kirsten had Salmon with a tomato and olive sauce that was to die for for. Each entree had an herb crusted tomato and potatoes. We are stuffed and ready to pass out. Time for bed now.

We hope everyone enjoys the BLOG and send us messages.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



14th May 2009

Yeah - you made it!!
Glad the trip was good - did you know anyone or did they know me? Sorry the pass wasn't open - maybe on the way home!
15th May 2009

Glad you two made it over there safe....... and riding in style! Have a great trip, relax, and drink lots of wine. Love the pis and can't wait to see more!!!!!!! Love Sam and Lori
22nd May 2009

Steve's New Career as a Writer
I'm lovin' this. I think Steve needs a second (or third) career as a travel writer! Feel like I'm there with you guys... Keep havnig fun - and telling us about it. Best regards - D

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb