Back to Switzerland (for a short time)


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Schaffhausen
June 24th 2017
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

KonstanzKonstanzKonstanz

Konstans is in Germany, Kreuzlingen is in Switzerland
After a farewell to our hosts at Hermeshof, we left Titisee and immediately took the wrong turning off a round about and ended up going the wrong way. It was impossible to turn around as the traffic was so heavy so we nearly ended up back in Hinterzarten. The rest of the trip to Konstanz was uneventful apart from some unexpected showers. We hadn't had any wet for two weeks so it was strange for it to be cooler. But, only temporarily.

Marc picked us up in Konstanz with Sophia and we drove back to Langwiesen along the Rhine often seeing the bike trail that we'd be following on Monday. It doesn't look as if it's going to be too taxing energy wise. Arriving back in Langwiesen we greeted our lovely niece again and had lunch followed by interesting discussions on jobs, lifestyles and expectations, religious history and much more. We sorted out our gear for the next week into smaller bags and set off for a walk along the Rhine with Irvy and Sophia. So close to the Rhine it is interesting to see farm crops, farm buildings, farm animals, gardens, forest and of course the Rhine with people swimming, sunbathing or boating. Also along the way we saw two weasels. At first we thought they were squirrels as one ran up a tree. Up close on the ground they did appear to be weasels. Do weasels run up trees?

We arrived back at the house rather hot again. Looking at the forecast for the next few days, we'd better get used to the idea of upper 20s temps.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.449s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 65; dbt: 0.2827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb