Majestic Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Rapperswil
May 11th 2009
Published: May 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi All

Margret took us to Mythen Mountains. Took a cable car to the to the top ski station for a hot chocolate. Spectacular view from both sides of the mountain.

On to Einsiendeln to a Benendictine Abbey. He has been burn down and rebuilt several times over many hundreds of years. The interior of the Abbey in my opinion even more impressive than the Sacre Coeur in Paris. It was truely something to be seen. It is home to the Black Madonna where several hundred thousand pilgrims visit each year. We were one of about 50 in the Abbey at the time so it was very spiritual and peaceful. The Abbey is also renowned for its horse breeding - magnificent stables sit on the grounds.

In the afternoon we walked around the lake at Rapperswil then climbed up into the old castle that looks over the village. Lovelly day was finished with another walk along the lake at a special spot near Margret's home.






Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Another view of the Mythen,sAnother view of the Mythen,s
Another view of the Mythen,s

We were going to walk up the vertical trial to the top - but ran out of time!! (NOT LIKELY!!!)


12th May 2009

G'day!
Hi Pete and Neet, I just wanted to say hi. The travel blog is excellent. Looks like you are having a great time. Lisa and I would love to be there. Drove past your house last Saturday night. There was a huge party in progress. The cul-de-sac was full of cars. The kids mentioned they weren't allowed guitar hero so they were having an air guitar competition instead! Federal budget was announced last night. Cut backs on private health, superannuation and a multi billion dollar deficit forecast til 2015. You got your holiday in while things were still good! Stay safe and enjoy the excellent adventure. Jason (Captain Hollywood...apparently)

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb