Lilla Edet days 3 & 4


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden
June 21st 2012
Published: June 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

It has been a busy two days. Yesterday Sture took us on a short historical tour around Lilla Edet. He showed us the cemetary and grave stones of Ken's great grandma and grandpa and the house where his grandfather grew up. We took many pictures of that house because we have a painting of it in our living room. That afternoon we went to the city park for Ken's Swedish family reunion. There were so many people to see and meet from this Swedish lineage. The kids played soccer in the park and the grown ups sat around and talked. We had a wonderful meal and afterwards had coffee and cake similar to the one Alicia had for her birthday. Many days we are served coffee for breakfast, lunch, and after dinner and there is almost no such thing as decaf. They may sell it in stores but no one buys it or serves it no matter what time of day it is😊 I was having such a hard time sleeping at night I just had to turn it down or take it but not drink it.

Today was ken's birthday so we all got up early and Sture drove over before Ken got up and we brought him coffee and a roll in bed while singing the Swedish birthday song. We also drove about an hour north to a real castle! It was set on a beautiful lake with a garden and a moat and everything a castle should have. I will post those pictures on facebook tomorrow. We also drove to a nearby harbor/fishing town that reminded me a bit of Homer Alaska. Tomorrow we are driving to a small Swedish west coast island and it is the famous Swedish holiday called Midsummer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb