Show time


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Västra Götaland County » Gothenburg
October 31st 2016
Published: October 31st 2016
Edit Blog Post

We welcome Peter for his first full day, he brought a new energy to the group and excited to start his week with us and he brought the mild weather with him.

We were all quite excited but nervous to present our presentations to the team, Peter introduced the team to the apprentices, the apprentice program and explained the council visions and aims. Ce'nedra was first and explained about her team, then we all took turns afterwards, Abby spoke about her team and how she helps other companies employ apprentices with funding that the council gives them. Then Paige and I spoke about housing solutions, what we do for our team and a little about ourselves - Katie then also spoke about herself and about how she helps with Peter's team.

On the Afternoon we had a presentation from Charlotta Lundstrom about External Relations. She explained that she looks at not whats only happening in Gothenburg but also outside the region.

Charlotte explained that they were planning to build a Railway from Copenhagen to Oslo, which will pass through Gothenburg. Gothenburg has many ports which bring in goods for their region and also their country. The main way of transport of goods from Gothenburg is the motorway (through trucks), however this isn't the quickest and best option, having this railway allows them to be more eco friendly and also is faster to drop off goods from both countries at the same time.

Causing civil war, Charlotta also mentions how Stockholm have same influences like London to us, meaning that the ideas that they might feel benefit them doesn't benefit Stockholm so it can cause some conflict but hopefully the idea with the good transport will go through and everyone will be happy! 😊

Peter was very excited to visit the football stadium, IFK Gothenburg was playing and it was there last game of the season, us girls decided to pop to the local Condecco (Cafe) and buy some cake, Football wasn't up our street.

See you tomorrow where we are visiting the University Hospital.

Editors note: The group have down played how well their parts of the presentation went, they all did extremely well and should be proud of themselves - well done all!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb