I'm back home but the traveling's not finished for Dawnbreaker


Advertisement
Published: July 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

20th July 2007

Viola and I left Dawnbreaker very early on 15th July. We had a taxi booked for 6:45am as our flight was at 8:00am. When we were waiting we all noticed that everyone around both that morning and the night before, had been going around Longyearbyn with rifles. At that time of the morning you wouldn't think there were too many people around but there were. It seemed like a very inquisative Polar Bear had been seen swimming around the sailing boats in the Harbour. The Sysslemannen had the Helicopter out to try and scare him out of the village. We got all this information from our Taxi driver. Viola SMS the info over to Uno and we left them to get on with it.

Our flight back went very quickly plus getting to Oslo Train Station. We had only 1/2 hour to wait for the train. I had called my youngest son Karl to come around 17:00pm to pick me up so 12 hours after leaving Svalbard we were home again.

We left Dawnbreaker and our crew but Lars and Uno have been sending us nearly every day e-mails of what they are all doing.

Before they departed Longyearbyn there was a Wedding with Thomas who is part of Dawnbreaker's crew. His wife-to-be, Eva and 2 children Sanna and Pontus arrived late on 14th July. It was a bit of a squash with 9 people on board but it was only for 1 night as Viola and I left the next day. The Wedding was on Tuesday at 15:00pm and all went as it was suppose to. Thomas and Eva had been living together for 21 years, it was about time they both got married. Big congrats to them both.


E-Mail from Dawnbreaker
19th July, 2007

Hello Carol, yesterday we motored against heavy wind and big seas and Eva and
the children got a bit sea sick. Today we have continued up towards
Magdalenafjorden which we will reach tonight. You remember where we saw the
polar bears. We have had a bit of rain now and then. We had a nice meeting with
Joyant a bit before Ny-Ålesund. They were coming south again and we had a nice
chat.



TO ALL FAMILY AND FRIENDS:

As long as Lars sends me e-mail about what they are doing and where they are, I will be forwarding them on to you all. Photo's and a detailed blogg will completed when Lars gets back to Sweden, which we think will be around 15 - 20 August. So hope you all keep looking and reading my Blogg in the future and now.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb