Lakes and Trees and Rocks - it's Sweden time again!


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
August 3rd 2012
Published: August 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hej folks ( that's me speaking swedish)

Here I am with the lovely Lesey in a typical red wooden swedish house ( another house-swap) - perched up on a rocky hill surrounded by great tall trees and 10 mins walk to the nearest bit of lake. And to top it all when the swedish family arrived at my house the dismal english ( and swedish) weather changed and we have had sunny and hot days- with only a few rainstorms a couple of nights.
The house is on the southern side of Stockholm and we can be on the metro and into the city in about 20 mins. Each time I come to Stockholm I love it - it is such a beautiful city on many islands , lovely architecture with so much greenery in parks and so many places to wander. Les and I spent a day walking round the old town - Gamla Stan , saw changing of the guards at the palace, then walked round another of the islands which make up the city - to a Traditional old garden where of course you can stop for coffee and cakes. I think we walked from 11 am to getting back home at 6pm.

We have had a couple of days just chilling out, reading books and sunbathing and the garden here with 2 decks to sit out on is very inviting. It is always so lovely to be in a house which you then make home for that short time. We contacted last year's house swappers and were invited for lunch - so had a perfect day meeting old friends Bengt and Eva who gave us such a warm wlecome. It was about 1 hour drive there - and we have a nice Citroen Picassa automatic to drive around in so it's very comfortable and of course Sally Satnav is with us so she is giving us a helping hand - and Lesley is pretty good at mapping out a route and keeping us on the straght and narrow.

So here's some photos from the first part of our holiday - more to come on our trip to Omberg on Lake Vattern later.

Love to all - hej do.

Lynne xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



4th August 2012

love the blue uniform!
lovely to hear your updates. you both look very relaxed. obviously your second home. xxx greetings from a sunny sydney + dom's birthday. brunch at bronte next.

Tot: 0.398s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 41; qc: 148; dbt: 0.2063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb