Stockholm, Sweden (Post-cruise): July 2010


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
July 25th 2010
Published: October 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Arriving back in Stockholm was surreal, once again we were stunned by the Stockholm archipelago as we sailed in - just gorgeous. The Stockholm Archipelago is quite unique and very spectacular - a vast, fan-shaped maritime world of more than 24,000 islands, islets and skerries, of which only about a thousand are inhabited. The ship was running late due to the ‘Visby-affair’ so we docked a full 3 hours late - which was no real issue for Bunny and I as our planned visit to the island, Fjäderholmarna, was pretty much out due to the thick fog and heavy drizzle.

Once docked, our departure from the ship was pretty quick, before we knew it we were in a taxi queue waiting to head back to Stockholm. We wandered around the newer parts of the city for a while, revisited the Gamla Stan and then finally decided the best way to while away our last few hours was out of the weather! As we had both eaten our own weight several times over on the cruise, we reasoned that a long lunch was not the best idea - so we went to the cinema! Saw ‘The A-team’ woohoo! It was pretty good - my only reservation is - how do you replace the original ‘Mr T’?? Tough call. After the film we had a final light lunch on the cool street of Drottingatan and headed back to Arlanda airport and on to the Albion.

Sweden is certainly somewhere we would like to see more of, especially the scenic wonders the country has to offer - like so many other places we have been it is firmly established as ‘somewhere we would love to go back to.. one day!’

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0914s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb