Day 4 - Dalaro


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Haninge
July 27th 2017
Published: July 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

SchweizerbadetSchweizerbadetSchweizerbadet

Looks like Muskoka
There's a forest near the house with a 4.5 km wooded trail loop (gets lots of use and is lit - actually lit with lights, not lit lit lit). Lori jumped over a long brown slippery-wet looking snake on her run this morning. Headed out to find Dalarö which is located on the coast of Sweden just a little south-east of Stockholm (spotted two deer along the way). Funny - they think of deers as rats here because they eat up peoples' gardens. Dalarö is an affluent cottage area on the seashore. We had planned to eat lunch out there but were unable to find a good place to eat so picked up some "tube ham and cheese" and baguettes and drove to the beach for a picnic. We found Schweizerbadet (badet means beach) which was a perfect spot! So, to explain, "tube ham and cheese" is something we see in all the grocery stores and see everyone buying many tubes at a time. There are lots of different tubes: shrimp, ham and cheese, herring, mushroom, salami, caviar. They seem to squeeze the stuff onto crisp bread which is like crackers. It is a Swedish thing. After eating, we walked out the long pier which actually connected the beach to a small rock outcropping (tiny island). Watched a guy catch a good-sized fish off the rock. There was a nice beach here too and lots of people swimming. Then we walked along the trails through the woods and found a Participaction park where Nigel and Russell had strong man competitions. Another great day for weather as it was around 24 and sunny all day! Walked the trail in the evening while Russell played soccer with the Swedes. He tested out his Swedish and tried to say thanks once but instead of saying "tak" (pronounced tok) he said "tonks". Close! I guess he gets his accents from his dad.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Swedish GeesesSwedish Geeses
Swedish Geeses

Like Canadian Geese but Swedish


Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0802s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb