Sweden


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Skåne County » Malmö
August 25th 2007
Published: September 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

For the final long weekend of the year we decided to visit Sweden. We scored a cheapish flight to Malmo & there was the added bonus of being a stones throw from Copenhagen. The downside of cheap flights is the inconvenience of getting to the airport at strange hours. We eneded up arriving at the airport at 2am & tried to get a few hours kip alongside the hords of other people. The seats had been snapped up long ago & the lucky ones had rolled out their sleeping bags. Stanstead airport has no capet & we had an uncomfortable few hours on the hard / cold floor.

The inconveniences were forgotten when we arrived in Sweden. The first thing we noticed was that everything was yellow (very ikea). After a 40min bus ride we found ourselves in town & it was only a short walk to our accomodation. Check-in wasn't until later in the day so we spent a few hours wandering around the cities many parks. We were pretty impressed, everything was so green & there was a river that snaked its way throughout.

That night we enjoyed a nice dinner & a few drinks in the main square. We treated ourselves to steak !

The next day we checked out the beach. It was nice but due to the weather, very deserted. We messed around for a while before catching a train to Copenhagen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb