Sverige


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Skåne County » Helsingborg
October 3rd 2009
Published: October 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

This past weekend I found myself being whisked off to Sweden! Bright and early Saturday morning I was at Frue Plads ready to enjoy the Swedish wilderness. We started by driving to Helsingør, Danmark and taking the wicked fast ferry over to Helsingborg, Sweden. From there we bussed to a small river. There we decided that despite the drizzle, cool winds, and lack of sun that it would be a great idea to canoe upriver for three hours. It actually turned out to be better because it stopped drizzling five minutes in....but....if you want to turn your arms into jelly: canoe upstream into the wind for three hours and make sure you don't know how to steer so you zigzag most of the way there. Fool proof plan.

Next, we headed for our hostel which was what seemed to be an old converted manor house. Quite hygge (cozy). We had a delicious stew for lunch before we headed out to Himmelstorpsgården for Nimis.

Nimis is something quite unexplainable...a man just decided to build a structure out of all the drift wood he found and in effect constructed the largest jungle gym in the world. It was so much fun to climb on and to climb to the top!

We returned home and had a BBQ at the hostel which was quite tasty. I got 10 hours of sleep that night...I literally had to leave the country to get a good night's rest haha.

Sunday morning, we headed to a Swedish national park. In the morning I rapelled down a Swedish cliff! In the afternoon, we did a scavenger hunt all over the park which was quite involved! We had to climb down a cliff to build a tower of rocks on the beach, assemble anagrams in a cow pasture, find ropes in trees, and determine the height of a lighthouse (you try reading Swedish!).

On our way back to Denmark, we stopped off at a quaint, Swedish coffee shop. We had tiny tea cups and small pastries. It was like a little girl's tea party! After that it was back to the ferry and back to Denmark! Exhausted.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



16th October 2009

practice swedish
is danish close to swedish? we have a girlfriend who married a swedish fellow if you need to practice. i'm sure he is able to help with pronunciation if you need it. his degree is about raising capital for non-profit orginazatons. he has not quite finished his degree yet.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 39; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb