Chocolate Factory and CAN-CZE game


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Skåne County » Malmö
December 28th 2013
Published: December 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Friday, December 27

Headed out on a cool, rainy day by bus to tour Malmo's chocolate factory (Malmo Choklafabrik). The original company started in 1888 and closed down in 1995, a few years after having been bought out. A young couple started a new, small chocolate factory in part of the original factory building and are making use of some of the original chocolate recipes. The tour consisted basically of a talk in a small museum room of the history of the factory and tastes of several kinds of chocolate. And of course at the end of it we all bought a variety of chocolate with our 20% discount!

We found the Traingel Train Station nearby and took the train out to the Malmo Arena and the Emporia shopping mall. The mall was mostly high-end shops like Boss and Armani, also H&M. Major sales brought the pricing almost in line with regular prices in Canada so we were not buying anything here.

We went into the ticket centre at the arena after and bought tickets to the Sweden/Russia and Finland/Switzerland games on December 31 then made our way home again by train then bus.

Saturday, December 28

Canada/Czech game at the Malmo Isstadion. We took the buses there, very cheap on our Jo Jo card paying for One Family, only about 32 Koronor, or $5 Canadian total. Czech ended up winning in a shootout, 5/4, in a very exciting but hugely disappointing game. Canada will have to play MUCH better from now on to have any hope of getting into the medal games.

Buses home again were very straightforward, then we all had snacks (grill cheese for the kids) and a bit of family facetiming and hockey news, etc. to end the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 63; dbt: 0.098s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb