Free accommodation anyone!? Give Couchsurfing a go


Advertisement
Europe » Sweden » Örebro County » Örebro
January 7th 2011
Published: January 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We thought it is about time that we wrote about this as between us we have stayed in cities/towns for well over a year of nights and not paid anything.. Sounds pretty good hey! For the backpacker and traveller this is great but we will stress this is not for everyone. We are sure most of you have heard of Couchsurfing but here we will write our thoughts on this magical site which has changed our... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




7th January 2011

Congratulations on your first Featured Blog! :)
7th January 2011

Love couchsurfing!
I have to admit - we might like hosting even more than we like surfing. Like you said, it's a lot more than a free bed. It's about doing all those things you "say" you're going to do when you travel - meeting locals, learning a new culture, educating yourself about various places - but can't do just sticking to the main tourist sites. And of course, the friendships! Two of our former surfers are attending our wedding later this year, and then we're actually flying out to attend the wedding of two others who are have since been engaged. Such a great concept.
7th January 2011

Great information
Christopher and Diana thank you for all of this information. I had not heard of this until a few months ago when Stephanie mentioned it in one of her blogs or posts. It sounds like a great idea. I think I would feel more comfortable starting out being the host. I'll have to give it a try.
7th January 2011

Hey guys
Great to see you may consider giving it a go :) It really has changed our lives. Even this Sunday we are having a guy who has been on the road for three years coming to stay with us. He has been all through Asia and going to have some wonderful stories I am sure.. If you have any questions please ask us :)
7th January 2011

Indeed!
Indeed CS is a great thing. I've been registered for over a couple of years, and although haven't used it as much travelling, I often go to the weekly meetings/drinks here. Always a great group of people to hang out with - highly recommended thing to get involved with :-)
7th January 2011

Blogger of the Week
Check this out. :) http://www.travelblog.org/Topics/27232-1.html
7th January 2011

Diana & Chris, you are the greatest ambassadors for CouchSurfing - and role models for me as a CS newbie. :) "Where are you going next? Oh - that's right on the way to our flat, let us walk you there!" TWICE!! You two are great! I visited eight cities and tried to connect with CSers in all of them. Vilnius is by far the most vibrant and welcoming, and the weekly meetings make it easy for a traveler to pop in and make new friends any time! Diana & Chris are a major part of that, but it helps that so many others have the same generous spirit. This is a great Blog and I'm sure it will inspire others!
8th January 2011

Informative Blog!
Thanks for the information on couchsurfing. I've wondered about couchsurfing for years but was a little wary. I do home exchanges but the only negative is you may not meet them. I think this is a great way to meet fabulous fun friendly people from around the world, and much better than staying in a lonely hotel. Congrats on being the featured bloggers!
8th January 2011

We love couchsurfing
My daughter and I have both surfed (5 times) and hosted(5 times) and have had incredible experiences.
8th January 2011

SEO Company India PPC Services Search Engine optimization Web Design India.
Good post .. I like this very much.. if you have a little time, you can visit my website.. Welcome to stay in Ooty Resort at the Great grandfather’s Ooty home stay nestled in the Niligiri Hill Coonoor Resort in of south India.
10th January 2011

CS is great! We used it as well when we were traveling and it was well worth it!!
7th May 2011

Great Idea;-) I may give it a go ;-) Thanks Diana& Chris

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb