Stockholm to Gamleby SWEDEN


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Kalmar County
July 16th 2010
Published: July 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Left the heat of Stockholm and headed south for a quieter spot on the coast. Stopped to shop on the way and bought what we thought was milk but turned out to be ‘curdled milk’. Yuk - does not make good coffee !
Really pretty driving in this part of the country. Everything is far softer somehow though there are still plenty of trees everywhere.
We headed for Gamleby which seemed to be a reasonably small town on the coast, albeit in one of the deep coastal inlets as occur all the way down this Bothnian Sea coast.
Found our Kustcamp campsite and liked it. Has a super sea water pool which is delimited by a floating pontoon. Our swim was quite delicious as we have needed a proper cool down since the heat of Stockholm and our rather noisy / dusty campsite there.
Have a very nicely located pitch with a view to the water. Site filled up fast after we arrived and there are now very few spaces left. We continue to be astonished by the paucity of the sanitaires on these Swedish sites and noone except us seems to notice. The ladies showers are ‘not to my taste’. There are 3 in all with only one having a door, the other 2 are open to the shower room area. When I opened the door to check the showers out I also inadvertently checked out the 2 naked girls who were drying off in there. They didn’t care so must be normal here - but I am ‘shy’ so will be showering in the Tandy in the morning !



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Liked our campsite spot so muchLiked our campsite spot so much
Liked our campsite spot so much

We decided to stay another day


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb