Day 12: Jaca to Huesca


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
May 25th 2011
Published: May 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The two were out on the road by 8.25 am and left the town onto the main road which led to a minor road which led to a long unwelcome climb however they were back down to the main road after about 16 miles. They then stopped for a drink at a chocolate shop where they had a cold chocolate drink. Although a cup of tea would have been preferred. The chap at the tourist information said that there was a mountain pass between Jaca and Huesca however this didn’t go down well after the Pyrenees. They then left the chocolate shop and began to climb for about 7 miles. The views were very good and required a photo stop. They then had lunch at a shady picnic site and began the descent which included a tunnel with heavy lorries suddenly approaching. The road soon became a motorway however having learnt from experience they turned off the road for more climbing and finally dropped down towards Huesca, which was along a large plane. Soon after this they found their basic hostel arriving at about 2.45pm. There was nowhere to put the bikes so they took them to the room, Dave’s via the stairs Jim’s in the lift, there was only 4 floors to climb! They then went to find food however struggled so ended up having Tapas. It was still very warm at 6.30 pm roughly 33/34 degrees.
Stats:
Miles: 45.1
Total Miles: 635.8
Ascent: 3’590 ft
Total Ascent: 32’305 ft
Stings: Jim (1)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb