Middle of nowhere to Friol


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
June 23rd 2009
Published: June 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 41


Friday 8th May




Up nice and early as we had the extra ground to make up. Retracing our steps we found the ‘arrow’ we had missed... I think the fairy
with the yellow spray paint needs to touch that one up!



The rest of the day was long and shitty, 26km all on roads through boring scenery. So by the time we finally made it into Friol just before 2pm, my bottom lip was hanging rather low. We booked into the nearest pension we could find as there were no albergues in town. Not the nicest of accommodations but it had real towels and a warm bed and a bath! A warm soak in the tub was just what I needed to improve my mood.



After spending the rest of the afternoon siestaing, we head off to the local supermarket as no-one in town seemed to be serving food... And so instead we enjoyed one of our typical mish-mashes of food - ‘Integral K’ (home-brand Special K), saltanas, bananas, & milk all in a bowl we found on the side of the road a few weeks earlier and with a fork as we don’t have a spoon, followed by a tin of corn. Dav also had a baguette sandwich of strawberry jam and corn... Not sure that combo really worked but you never know unless you try it!



PS Just so you know, we did wash the bowl out very well before we used it...




Advertisement



Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb